Alastair Reid Garages - About your brakes
Both brakes and shock absorbers work together as essential safety elements of your vehicle. Having brakes that work within specification are essential for a vehicle to be able to stop within a safe distance, whether through normal stopping motion or in an emergency.
The shock absorbers work with the steering system to ensure a safe operation of the vehicle. Wear and tear on either brakes or shock absorbers can lead to uneven tyre wear and can seriously impact the safety of your vehicle.
Having brakes and shock absorbers checked regularly in Perth is important and at the first sign of wear and tear have them replaced. Ensuring brakes and shock absorbers work to the correct specification is probably the single most important safety feature you have on your vehicle. Alastair Reid Garages will check your brakes and shock absorbers to ensure safe and correct operation and advising on replacements when requested as necessary.
A visit to Alastair Reid Garages ensures
- You are looked after by our by our skilled and dedicated technicians
- Enables a comprehensive inspection of brakes to check all is working correctly
Ensure you take care of your brakes and they will take care of you. Many drivers don’t give the brakes a second thought, even though they are the most important of safety equipment on any vehicle.
Watch out for common brake problems
- Grinding noise when braking - Grinding or metal-on-metal can be a sign of serious problems.
- Car veering to the right or to the left when braking.
- Squealing noise when braking - Squealing indicates that the pads are wearing thin.
- Loss of brake efficiency - If the brake pedal feels soft, spongy or goes almost to the floor before engaging.
- Juddering brakes - Vibration in the pedal or vehicle when braking may indicate that the brake discs are in need of replacement.
- Shaking steering when braking - Vibration in the pedal or vehicle when braking may indicate that the brake discs are in need of replacement.
If any of these issue are noticeable or you are unsure about the performance of your brakes then contact Alastair Reid Garages to have them checked. You and your passenger's lives may depend on it.